Hello, my name is Paddy O’Kelly. I’m hoping to be your next Prudhoe Town Councillor for West Wylam Ward. I first moved to the North East in 1992 and have lived in Prudhoe for 12 years now. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else!
I’m community minded and have a proud history of establishing and running youth football teams in the area, as well as fundraising events for charity, which include cycling as that’s one of my passions too.
Long and short of it is, I love this area and all it has to offer. I want to step up and be part of making the lives of ordinary people better, and seeing us all benefit in one way or another from positive change and growth. We deserve it after so many years of hard times.
I’m an extremely hard-working person. I spent 40 years in hi-tech industries and am a confident project manager, adept at communicating with a wide range of people. If elected, I plan to use this experience in my role as Town Councillor and be part of a new approach to transform Prudhoe Town Council to better meet your needs.
Your local Labour Party and I are already really active in your community. We are dedicated to getting round the doors regularly and hearing from you about your concerns as well as what you value most about Prudhoe. For example, we campaigned to stop proposed parking charges in the town.
We are committed to making Prudhoe one of the best places in our region to live, work and raise a family.
I stand for:
- Improving reliability and affordability of public transport.
- Supporting continued investment in youth initiatives.
- Representing resident views on the proposed Tilley Crescent development.
- Eliminating excessive speeding on Prudhoe’s roads.
- Maintaining high standards as a Town Councillor.
- Opposing house building in green belt areas around Prudhoe and Mickley except in the most exceptional circumstances.
- Working with Police and community services to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.
Vote on the 16th March
Get in touch!
Please keep telling me and your local Labour Party what’s important to you and how we can help. Contact us by emailing email@example.com
Promoted by Prudhoe Labour Party on behalf of Paddy O’Kelly